Sunday, April 27, 2008

Gotta Brag

I just have to stop for a minnute and brag on my girl. Friday was the hish school prom. BL is only a sophmore but she was invited to go by a boy who is nothing short of a walking miracle. He was hit walking home from work the begining of the school year by a drunk driver. He almost died. Spent a month in a coma and praise God came out of it on his 18th birthday. Him and his family are from mexico and he's the only one in the house who speaks english. He's also gay. He is the absalute sweetest boy you would ever want to meet and a very hard worker. the accident really hurt his family financially because his paycheck helps them live.

He lost 1 eye and now has a glass eye. He now has speach problems and slight memory loss and soem scarring on his cute little face.

He wanted to go to prom but didn't want to go alone. So he asked BL and she was thrilled to go with him. He insisted on buying her ticket even though she wanted to buy her own (she knows how poor they are)

She was hounded all week last week by hatefull people giving her grief about going with a gay boy (and they didn't put in those terms) She simply told them that Juan is a wonderful sweet person whom God loves. Jesus told her not to judge people and to love them and that is what she is doing. *sniff*

So we spent most of the day friday getting her ready for prom and picked up his bootneer (I know that isn't spelled right) We picked him up and took them. I thought he was going to cry when she put that rose on his lapel. He told her she would be the most beautiful girl there (and I have to agree with him) The had a WONDERFUL time. the theme was "A night in paris"

Oh and he was so upset earlier in the week because he had chicken pox so he was totally spotty. he told her she didn't have to go to prom with him because he looked so hidious. Poor kid. She told him no WAY were they gonna miss it and 10 years from now he would look back andlaugh about it.

Bobby and I told her how very proud we were of her for gifting him with such a gift and for standing up for what she believes in. Most kids would be too concerned about what others thought. Not her. She just wanted to give a good friend a wonderfull memory.

It give me a much needed bright spot in my life right now. and I just needed to share it. Some days my kids make me feel like I'm doing somehting right after all. LOL

5 comments:

Teresa said...

She is the sweetest thing. Good for her in being strong and yes, you are doing something right. She is a great girl. I would love see pictures.

Those moments are the most precious, aren't they?

I am glad they both had such a good time.

bridalcentral said...

OK I need pictures there babe.You can't tell the bridal/prom lady about prom and not give pictures!!

emzed said...

You have every right to be proud of her. She is such a wonderful person. She might be interested in organizing this next year: http://www.dayofsilence.org/content/getinformation.html . They had it in Vicky's school two weeks ago (they were on break last week) and Vicky said it was very powerful. I think that the more people show others that sexual orientation isn't a big deal, the more people will become accepting and tolerant. I bet that BL made a big impact on helping people overcome their prejudices.

On a lighter note - I agree with Nikki and Tee - Where are the pictures? I'm dying to see how much she looked like a princess.

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

J, BL is such a sweet young lady. That is such a touching story. HUGS!!

~M~ said...

BL is such a wonderful sweet young lady. I'm so proud of her for doing that for Juan, that is a precious gift she has given him & one he will remember his entire life!