Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time Flies

It seems like only yesterday that I had an ornery little boy giving me grief for marring his daddy. here we are 17 years later and that little boy is all grown up and getting married. *sigh* where did the time go. July 26 him and Bre (his beautiful, wonderful bride to be) will be married at sun down on the beach. *sigh* we'll be going down for the wedding of course. And they are going to try to get moved up here as soon as they can. So I'll have ALL my kiddos close at hand again and who knows..... maybe even a grand kiddo before long. (heaven help me)

It also seems lie only yesterday I was in the hospital giving birth after 3 agonizing day to a little pink bundle of a baby girl. Now she's 16 and has put us through pure bloody hell this summer and has aged her father and I years almost over night. Thank GOD it was short lived and I think we have gotten through it. *sigh* I am SO NOT looking forward to 2 more kids in teen years during full blown menopause at that. OY

Lance and Chey are doing great. as ornery as ever. I'm so glad for them. though some days there fighting makes me want to pull out the hair I have left their innocent joys help get us through the stressful times.

I am SO looking forward to a couple days on the beach with my kids and seeing my son get married. I am SO not looking forward to having to deal with his bio-mother. so for those of you who pray please pray I have strength to get through this with out choking her to death and keeping some semblance of Christian thought in my head and heart when she is anywhere near me. Goodness knows I'll need all the help I can get.

We love our new home and every morning I sit on my back porch with my coffee and watch the turkey hinds and their babies, and the dear graze and the humming birds that come right up to the patio table I'm sitting at and drink from the feeder. it is SO peaceful here. I just love it.

Well Ladies the sun is shining, it's hot and my garden is calling me. I need the peace that putting my hands in the warm dirt brings me. I do so LOVE summer.

10 comments:

~M~ said...

J, it sounds absolutely wonderful!! I so wish I could see it all, you'll have to post some pics. :)

Good luck with the wedding. I'll keep you in my prayers... I hope it all goes smoothly & is a wonderful day for you all. I'm so glad to hear he's moving back home near you guys again, what a blessing!

sonflowergurl said...

Hey J!!! Will you be in Florida long enough to try to fit in a "meet Katee day"?!? :)

You SOOOOOO need to update your blog more often girlie!!! Miss you!

jennpom said...

congrats J! Sounds like you are doing well. jenn

~*~*just_ j*~*~ said...

J, I am so excited for you to have Daniel back near you, and with a bride to boot!! Congrats to Daniel and Bre! I'd love to see pics!!!

Enjoy your time in Florida!! Relax and don't let the bio-monster bother you.

HUGS, hon! Miss you a ton!!!
Jen

emzed said...

J - I have missed you so much! I am glad that you've decided to post again. You sound like you are in a wonderful place now. Congratulations on Daniel's engagement. Love you!

bridalcentral said...

J-congrats on Daniel getting married.And moving home you're just over the moon aren't you.I'm jealous-but Karl is engaged so I'll be in your shoes soon.I will keep you in my thoughts about dealing with bio-mom.

Glad to hear all the kids are doing well.Keep in touch.

J said...

Thanks guys!! Katee Email me. how close are you to sarasota? Jen can you email me I tried to email you and it got kicked back. I have a cat ? for you.

I miss you all so much and will most definatly post wedding picts for everyone. Bre is an absalute BLESSING for our family and simply the BEST thing ever to happen to Daniel.

*sniff* my boy is all growed up.

avvdixon said...

J,

So happy for all of you - especially Daniel & Bre. I truly hope it's a wonderful day for all of you.

I'd love to see pics of your new place as well. So glad you're in such a happy place now - even with teenage angst :o)

Miss you tons. Lots to tell you, but that will have to wait. Just wanted you to know that I was thinking about you & am happy for such great news from you!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Daniel and Bre...and you and Bobby! That's super! You know I miss you tons, but I'm reminding you anyway. Can't wait to see some pictures :o).

Anonymous said...

J - I am so excited for all that you are doing! Congrats on your new "daughter" and that they are going to be so close. I love you and will "talk" to you soon! SWAK