Friday, May 23, 2008

Don't Pinch me

We have been here for almost 2 years now. I can hardly comprehend that. I doesn't seem possible it's been that long but then we I think about all that has happened in that time I know it's true.

I can honestly say with all conviction that this is one of the MOST beautiful places I have EVER seen. Almost every day for the last 2 years I look around and feel the need to pinch my self to see if I'm dreaming. for 15 years Bobby and I talked about living here one day. And some days it's hard to believe it's reality now.

As I was driving into town this morning to the vets office I was enjoying the scenery as I always do when I'm on the road. NC works hard to make their road ways pretty. I rarely ever see trash on the side of the road and gardens are planted along the interstates. pretty trees are planted and it's all well maintained. Being on the highway in most places is much like driving through a beautiful garden. There are beautiful bright red poppies in bloom right now and all the trees are in full bloom. It's just stunning. As I'm coming over a decent size hill I'm looking right at a high mountain range. It's still early morning were it has that kind of blue dawn feel to it. the sky is clear of all clouds and the mountain peeks are just brushing a clear blue beautiful sky. Half way down the mountains it looks as if a cloud hovers with the peeks reaching through it skyward. It isn't actually a cloud but the mornings misty fog rising from the valley below. The sight was simply breath taking! And as I often do right then and there I thanked God for allowing us to live here and blessing us with the awesome beauty of his creations. Then I thought for the 1st time, if this is a dream please don't pinch me because I don't wanna ever wake up. It never ceases to amaze me the beauty of this place. I often think this must be close to what heaven must look like. It is simply awe inspiring. I love the sunrise of the mountains in the morning with the mists around the mountains and the way the mountains turn purple with the glow of the setting sun turning them the most amazing amethyst color I have ever seen. And it isn't simply the beauty of the land here but the people who live here as well. the kindness and love and serenity of these people is overwhelming sometimes and has moved me to tears of joy so many times.

If ever there was a "God's Country" I believe this is it. I see the great hand of the almighty every where I looked and am moved beyond reason every day. even days I am down I can simply walk to my window and look out and feel a sort of peace move over me. I feel like the Lord has truly brought us home.

2 comments:

sonflowergurl said...

I'm so glad you've finally found your place of contentment and "home"!!! You are truly blessed. I know life's hard, but if we can see the beauty of Creation in the midst of everything, it's definitely peace-giving! (That's why I LOVE having a lake behind my house...even if it's a huge man-made retention pond...watching the ducks, otters, cranes, wood storks, turtles, and even the alligator....it's just amazing, especially if I'm up early and get to watch the sunrise over the water...and the sunset to the other side is just as beautiful...)

Enjoy! (Email me sometime... :) )

emzed said...

J - Reading that was like reading poetry. I am so glad you are happy and in the place you belong.