Friday, November 14, 2008

Beating a dead horse

I do this every year and every year I swear I am NOT going to do this. *sigh* The company Xmas party is coming. I swear I must be the only woman on the face of the earth that DESPISES clothes shopping for herself. If it isn't for blue jeans and t-shirts I hate shopping for it. :( I looked online yesterday at patterns and dresses and can I just say WHO THE HECK DESIGNS THIS CRAP?????? No one in the freaking real world thnkyouverymuch. I am so appalled by how ugly and or trashy most things are these days. Half of what I saw I'm thinking who has taste that bad? the other half my 1st thought was 'street corner' and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one. I was looking with Bobby and Chey last night and Chey kept saying things like "that is SO ugly who would wear that?" and "holy mackerel look how much of her boobs are showing" out of the mouths of babes.

I found TWO dresses out of thousands I like. One doesn't have my size and the other is WAY out of my price range. *sigh* no idea what I'm going to do.

What I wanna know is what ever happen to the sexy classy elegant fashions of old. I'm thinking Ava Gardener, Audry Hepburn, Jackie O, Grace Kelly. *sigh* now those were truly ladies clothes.

Here is my favorite photo of Ava Gardner (the most beautiful woman ever) and if I could find THAT dress I would be in heaven. that is the most beautiful dress. Elegant, classy, sexy!!
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/071017/hottiewomen/gardner_l.jpg

One of the ones I found is almost identical to it but it's $200 :( ah well I guess the hunt is on. Who knows maybe I'll make another of the fishtailed flapper gowns only this time in black silk with diamante star burst design on the side of it. Not quite as sexy as the 'Ava Dress' but would do I guess. And yes I love black for evening wear.

And the worst thing is taking my husband with me because he hates shoping as much as I do but I need his opinion on stuff. he has great taste and is brutally honest with me. But dang he whines so much.

I really hate that we have to attend these things. ugh I am so anti social.

2 comments:

emzed said...

J - I went to a friend's birthday party last week. She was wearing the most beautiful evening gown. It was black with emerald green accents -- really timeless. All of us (most of whom were dressed somewhat casually) were in awe of the dress. She said she got it at a consignment shop. She had been looking for just the perfect dress and kept going back to her favorite stores. She said that the key to finding something nice is to basically look in affluent areas.

bridalcentral said...

J-have you looked at Milano. I have a account with them and we have a few with that neckline. go to www.shopshop.com I know they have both short and long usually under $100 bucks.