Ok so my truck stalled at church on Sunday night and would not restart. Would not even try to turn over. (and of the course the jeep is down now as well) A good friend let us use his little Rav 4 and we had the truck towed into the dealership yesterday. The entire day went by and the only thing they could tell us is that it would not hook into the diag PC and it looked like Major electrical problems that might cost as much as $1700. But they could tell us for sure yet as they couldn't find the cause.
They just called us. It was FUSE a stinkin little fuse. (slapping hand on forehead for not even thinking that) So while our prayers were answered that it would not be a costly fix I am slightly disgruntled and fell like an idiot that a FUSE just cost us $176 (that is towing, fuse cost and labor) I'm pretty certain the fuse didn't cost more than $6. OY. note to self..... check fuses in the future before having truck towed.
Of course that cut into my spending money for a party dress. BUT a FABULOUS friend sent me a dress she had she no longer wore that is STUNNING. I have to take it in a little bit which I will be doing this weekend. I know when I'm don it will look perfection. It's so classy and elegant and pretty. AND I think BL is also going to wear it to winter formal. Of course I will post some pictures.
I'm so blessed with WONDERFUL friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
When we were first married Geoff went to a lot of trade shows. One cold February night he was out of town and the house kept getting colder and colder. I quickly realized that the heat wasn't going on. We had a service agreement with our oil company so I called them. They came out and it turned out a fuse had blown. Of course that was the one thing not covered by the service agreement. I forgot the exact amount I had to pay but it was not just for a service call, but an after-hours service call. I do know it was over $400 because I can still hear Geoff screaming, "OVER FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A FUSE!!!!!"
Well, hooray for easy and relatively cheap. Boo for spending almost $200 instead of $6. Focus on the positive though, right? :-p
Post a Comment