Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Things that make you go HMMMMM

We went to a local gun shop this weekend to have a look. We've talked for years about getting a couple more guns. Bobby has an old antique .22 rifle that was his dad's and passed down to him. We decided last week we want another .22 rifle and a shot gun at least. So we went to see what they had. We found several that we like that are affordable. Bobby also found a .45 he wants and I found a nice 9mm to felt just right for me. I also found a beautiful gun safe I want. So I'm thinking guns for Xmas this year.

"They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I will say that recent developments are what prompted not putting this off any more. And it seems we are not the only ones with the same idea. The shop was almost empty when we went and the owner told us we should come back in a couple of weeks when he gets the store restocked. He told us since the election last week his sales have TRIPLED what they normally are this time of year for both guns and ammunition. hmmmmmm

I also overheard a conversation at walmart with several people about the south needing to sussed again though for much more valid reasons that before. I talk to my dad on sat and was telling him about all of this and he told me he's heard talk in TX about secession as well and told me I should plan to move to the country of TX soon. ROTFLMBO hmmmmmm well I can't say I wouldn't vote in favor of it. Food for thought ;)

It's nice to know I'm not alone in my depression. hmmmmmmmm

And just to clarify. Becoming full time missionaries is still just in the thinking stage. Bobby has to find info on private schools for the kids and what it would cost to build a house with a deep well down there and many other things to consider. Also MZ I know what you are saying about some missionaries on a mission to convert catholics but that is not *our* goal as a church and as Christians. Our goal is to spread the word of Jesus. That's not to say we wouldn't be thrilled to convert a catholic but unlike some church groups and organisations it is NOT our sole focus. That way of thinking only makes me very angry. We don't believe in hell fire and brimstone. We believe what Jesus taught. LOVE.

and still can't stomache the news

2 comments:

emzed said...

J - What I said about missionaries was based on discussions I've had over the past 24 years with my neighbors' relatives. They are Southern Baptist missionaries and have told me that only adult (old enough to understand and willing accept Jesus) Baptism is valid so anyone who was not Baptised as an adult is Christian but not necessarily "saved". Those missionaries told me that they are out to "save" people and therefor it is their goal to Baptise people. After reading your reply I checked with my neighbor to make sure I understood that correctly and she confirmed that understood what she had learned.

J said...

mz she is right in what she is telling you. MOST southern baptist believe that you MUST be batised of your own choosing as an adult or at least at an age that you understand and consent. HOWEVER not all of us believe that. My church believes that baptism is a show of your faith and aceptance of Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. BUT is not absalutly nessisary. What is MOST important is that you accept Jesus in your heart as your personal Lord and Savior. We have several people in our church who have accepted Christ but have not been batised for one reason or another. I personally do not agree with christening for several reasons but I'm not going to make a judgement that a person is NOT saved because they were christened as a child. that is not my place. Only God can make that call.