Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Help?

Ok Ladies. Anyone here ever had or had a kid with scarlet fever? I am freaking out. If it's possible Chey's face is TWICE as swollen this morning as yesterday. :( Bobby and I are beginning to wonder if they were diagnosed correctly. Chey has 1 large white spot on her throat. Her body is covered in rash her face being the worst. And there is NO fever at all. not even low grade. Lance is worst this morning as well but not even remotely close to what Chey is.

Technically they can go back to school tomorrow but there is no WAY I'm going to be able to send this little girl to school if she hasn't improved a 100% by then. she is so miserable. I'm worried to death. They said if she hasn't improved in 2-3 days to bring her back in. I'm not sure I can wait that long.

As for me the cough syrup worked awesome and I slept 10 hours straight last night and am finally coughing up this stuff in my chest. so I think I'm on the mend. thank goodness since I have Xmas to get ready for and haven't bought the 1st gift. and have 2 sick kids. Bobby's dad wants us to come down for Xmas and pay for gas but if these kids don't get better that is not going to happen. *sigh*

I'm so worried. any advice?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carina had Scarlet Fever two years ago. She had the rash everywhere and a wicked sore throat. She did have a fever, but I know that you don't always with strep. The swollen face is throwing me though. Could she have mumps? C did not have facial swelling at all!

I would call cause she shouldn't be WORSE after a day on meds. They might need to switch meds for her.

Hugs to your poor little miss!