I'm not all that sure I would call my self a pessimist as much as a realist. But I do believe we are headed for a depression. Yes I said depression. We obviously are currently in a recession and I think no matter who is elected we are soon going to find our self in one hell of a depression. I think the severity of it will deffer depending on who wins but I honestly see no way out either way. I had hoped by next June we would be in our own home. I know we'll have the $ to put down on a place of our own but will we be able to get financed by any bank by then is the question.
On the up side the place we live now is owned by a farmer. He has about 50 acres surrounding our place that is all hayfield. he has more land than that that he grazes cattle on. He has already told us that if we want to buy a steer next spring he'll let us graze it on his land till it's ready for slaughter. He also told us we could build a pig pen and chicken coup behind the barn to raise a hog and have our own eggs. I already have a garden plot tilled any ready to replant next spring. So whether we have our own farm or stay here I think we can become almost self sufficient. I can't wait for that day. I have wanted it for a long time not for the $ so much as to be as free of growth hormones and pesticides as I can be. but the $ is always a bonus especially considering what I believe we are facing.
I'm thankful that Bobby works in the medical industry so hopefully his job will not be effected to much. I'm also thankful I grew up poor and lived most of my adult life that way. I know how to live on very little. Something I don't think many people in our country know how to do these days.
We have lived in the least 10-15 years our "roaring 20s" and now must pay the piper for it. Some day we might just remember our history before we relive it.
I guess my biggest fear in who wins this election comes in the form of our countries safety. I know some of you just read that sentence thinking that I am for sure a pessimist. LOL but I believe our safety and freedoms are at real risk in the very near future. People can laugh at that all they want but I will wait and see.
I am not allowing any of this to drag me down mostly because of my faith. I believe that what ever we face the Lord will provide our needs and take care of us and at the very least give us peace through the worst of it. Sadly there are many that will not fair as well emotionally or financially as we will. I have said for many years we are the last of a dieing breed and I still believe it.
So are there any others who see things as I do or am I the only pessimist in the bunch? LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmmm - well, I'm not going to argue politics with you, but sufice to say, I don't see things they way you do :o) We'll just leave it at that.
The land sounds great. Hope that all comes through for you very soon!
ooops - that sould have been "suffice" and 'the' not 'they'. I can't type today!
Post a Comment