Wednesday, October 22, 2008

FYIs

Ok Had Chey's conference. I must thank the good lord for an easy child where school is concerned. She is a pistol and full of her self and inherited her royal ancestry to be sure but she is my easiest one where school is concerned. she is doing amazingly academically and her teachers 1st words to me were "She is amazing, full of life and laughter and an absolute JOY to have in my class. She is happy all by her self or with boys or the girls. Every child is her friend. Her smiling face and positive attitude brighten up every ones day." *sigh* it's so wonderful to hear things like that LOL. I hope and pray she continues to give me no problems in school. I would like to have ONE be easy all the way through school.

Mel, I will let you read my novel when I'm finished. I'm about half way there on my 1st draft but already have notes about things I want to add, subtract, and generally change LOL I'll let you be my editor. I will say, I'm struggling with the love scenes. At this point they are a bit graphic (not vulgarly so) Bobby loves them ROTF but I'm thinking I may tone them down. Not sure. MZ Most of the book takes place in the Scottish highlands. ROTF Was there ever any doubt? IF I were to ever publish I think I would use some of the $ to go there. Purely for research for my next book mind you. :) I'm trying to decide if I want a trip there for my 40th birthday or a face lift ROTFLMBO MZ, maybe I'll let you read it as well and tell me what you think of it. My next book I have planned is also a Scottish setting. LOL

MZ I will also tell you after resuming my ancestry search I have found MORE Scottish ancestors. One branch of the family immigrated to NC about an hour from where I live now. They immigrated after the battle of Culloden. My guess is they were supporters of the Bonny Prince. ;) I plan to make a trip there and to Cherokee very soon (especially if gas prices keep dropping) to get some more info and photo copies of important documents.

Sadly summer is officially over here. the leaves are not as pretty this year and I'm already freezing my tush off. :( BUT It is very cozy to sit in my rocker with my feet up next to the fire while I type away on my laptop. :) so who knows maybe I'll just spend the entire winter there writing. I'll have to have Bobby take a picture for you guys. most days when I sit there and write I have a cat on 1 side a cat on the other and a cat on the back of the chair. I have the laptop in my lap, glasses on, feet propped up, lap blanket thrown across my legs with my St Bernard slippers poking out and a blazing fire in the fire place. LOL

well back to my book.

4 comments:

emzed said...

J - I am so excited for you. Things are just falling right into place. I am just itching to read your book. I think I'm speaking for Mel when I say that neither or us would mind reading it even before it's published.

Geoff, Abby and Ben were in NC last week and that made me think of you. Actually, a lot of things remind me of you. I signed Vicky up for drivers' ed and one of my firt thoughts was, "I bet BL is already driving." Please feel free emailing me. My address is mfz. then my last name.

Anonymous said...

I miss you lady and always love catching up with your posts. We would LOVE to have you back on the board....please....

Anonymous said...

Oh, goodie! I can't WAIT!! You sound so great, sweetie! Funny you mention the weather. I was very down yesterday cause it's all cloudy and cold and I KNOW what's coming. Made me think of you...my sister in snow-hating.

Write, write, write! And don't forget to update your blog more often. I miss you!

avvdixon said...

Can't wait to read it, J. Just want to echo the other girls. You are missed. Please update more and don't be such a stranger!!!