Today was STUNNING!!!! sunshine and a high of 70. just the prettiest day we've had in MONTHS. *sigh* sadly I was to tired and in to much ain to go out and really enjoy it like I would like to have done. I would love to have gotten out side and done some yard work. the best I could muster was to sit on the front porch swing nad rock for a while. just that little bit was son wonderfull though. As I sat there slowly rocking trying to let the beauty distract me from my pain I thought about "HOPE" the hope of spring. I guess the Lord gives us winter to fully apriciate the beauty and splendor of warmer months. And spring being the begiing of that and the renwal of life in all aspects.
This has been a BAD winter here this year. Our Pastor even asked many of the old timers on sunday night if they could remember a winter that was this cold? No one could. Ironic that I read in early fall that everyone was predicting a mild, warm, dry winter. mild I didn't mind. warm I didn't mind. Dry I minded. We have been so dry here in the south and desperatly needed moisture. So when I prayed I asked the Lord for moisture NOT in the form of ice. I didn't evne mind if we got alot of snow though I knew that would mean freezing temps. Well I feel he must have heard me. We have gotten ALOT o rain and we've even gotten a decent amount of snow, but almost no ice. I think we are pretty close to were we need to be for moisture now.
But the tempts have been WICKED cold. I mean - cold tempts this year. there have been days I thought i must be living in VT still with how cold the windchills were and mean night time tempts. every time I would start to grumble about it I would make myself look at VT temps and say "Lord I knowit oculd be SO much worse so I will not complain but say thank you for what you have bleesed me with instead" LOL
Ah 70 and sunny though. it's enough to make me smile and enough of a gift from the Lord to sustain me till spring really does come in a month or so. it will get colder and I'm sure we'll get another snow but the bulbs are starting to peek through the soil and the temps are growing warmer and so is my heart and soul.
For all my friends living in the frozen hell (and yes folks I believe hell is not fire but ice, at least it would be for me) I will pray for a "hopefull" day like today to come your way soon to sustain you till spring is truely come.
On side note I was looking for some St Patricks day food ideas today as I am hosting our ecret pals meeting for march. I really wanted a drink and maybe something Irish for food. Well I found some really wonderfull recipes. To bad I can't use most of them. Is there anything outside of cornbeef and cabbage that does not require Irish cream or Irish Whisky. While they look devine I can not partake of them and sending off the church ladies in a drunken stupor is not something I think the Lord would be pleased with. LOL So I guess I'm on my own for the most part. I do already have things in mind but wanted to see what was out there. I'm hoping as it get closer I can find some potted seamrog' (shamrocks) to use on the table settings as well. if anyone wants any of the dessert or drink recipes let me know and I'll pass them along. I found Irish cream balls and Irish cream cheese cake and an Irish coffee that uses Irish whisky in it. All of them made me wish I could have just a nip as I LOVE both Irish cream and Irish whisky. *sigh*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you should look on the GTGF what's for supper board. Annette posted a bunch of Irish recipes a couple of years ago on St. Patty's Day!
I would pay good money to have your "cold" winter! We've been super cold this year, and I can't wait for spring to get here!!
Post a Comment