Well I'll tell ya! Getting a washer and dryer and taking my kiddos shopping! Now how's that for pathetic?
My Dh wants to buy a new front loader washer dryer set. while the thought of it excites me beyond all reason since I've been slavating over them for the last 4 years. I just can't bring my self to let him spend that kind of $. Not yet any ways. when we are in our OWN home then he can spend all he wants on them. right now I would be happy with a nice used set. Anything to keep me from having to load up 3 baskets and 1 large laundry bag and 2 trash bags worth of laundry every flippin week and spend 4 hours washing, drying, folding then reloading and bringing it all back home to unload and put away. Laundry right now is an all day, extremely exhuasting event every week. Not to mention we live in a TINY little house right now. The top story isn't much larger than our old trailer if even that big. we do have the den down stairs and my studio and laundry room but the main living area is only about 800 sq ft. after 2 days the baskets are over flowing and by the time luandry day rolls around I feel like I'm drowning in dirty clothes. It stresses both me and Bobby out to no end.
His reasoning for a new unit is because older smaller units are going to eat up the power and cause our power bill to go through the roof. Right now we have the cheapest power bill we've had in years. On average about $80 a month. He is afraid that used units will put us up to $200 a month again. His way of thinking is "spend the $ now or spend it a little at a time later". Well he's probably right but if we spend it now our savings will be smaller and right now I want to see a nice fat sum in our savings acount for our house. Anyone have an advice they want to give? Have units that rock? I'll take all I can get. Right now he's looking at the whirlpool duet. I think I would be so beyond thrilled I just take a pillow and blanket and sleep on them LOL .
Now onto shopping with the kidos. The kids have been looking SO shabby. thanks to the kindness of friends I have been able to keep them dressed for the last 6 months and actually have some clothes for later for them. But the last month they have REALLY been looking poor. Chey has worn out her tennis shoes to the point they are litterally falling apart. Lance has had a growth spurt and looks like he's waiting for a flood. Especially his dress pants for church. We couldn't do new back packs and lunch boxes this year when school started and to say their's is worn out would be a gross understament!!!!!!! So tomarrow they get new back packs and lunch boxes, Lance is getting some new pants and dress clothes for church. Chey is going to stride right and getting some new tennies. She'll also get some new pants and a couple new shirts. BL got nothing but gift cards for xmas and has done her shopping so she is all set. Bobby got his new dress pants for work and I got a new bra. Only things we gown ups will be getting are a couple of under things and *maybe* I'll get lucky and find some pants for my short squat bod.
All in all it's going to be an exhausting and fun day. Other women get axcited over diamonds and fancy new things. I get excited over aplainces and new stuff for my kids. *sigh* how very pathetic am I?
Off to the gind I call life. the house is a wreck and we won't be home tomarrow to due the normal sat monring cleaning so off to do it today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey J
Im with B, get a new twin set, life is short! too short to be wasting one day a week away from the family and in the laundry mat! I also agree that in the long run it will be more economical and you will need them in your own home! I think the brand youve chosen is reliable....if you can pay cash ask for a cash price you may save more $$
xxx Chez
I ADORE my front loader and he's right, the energy savings is worth it. Plus...front loaders can be stacked- major space saver!! We have the Kenmore Elite HE series. I have ZERO complaints on them after a year and 1/2. The washer hardly uses any water and you use about 1/2 the detergent. Promise...you won't be sorry :)
Oh goodness! Get the new set now. Along with money savings, it will obviously be less stressful and free up a day lol!
Ann
x
enjoy your shopping day!!
Post a Comment