It is a nasty ear infection brought on by some kind of virus. she doesn't think it's strep or flue which she says has begun to run rampant here as of 2 weeks ago. She just feels like it's some kind of virus. She put him on a heavy duty anbx and told me to wait till he's fever free for 24 hours to send him back to school and if he isn't fever free and much better in 4 days to bring him back in. She also said to watch him closely because they have been getting WAY to many kids in for pnumonia this year. YIKES. The good thing is that motrin seems to be keeping his fever down to normal. He just generally feels lousy. I took him to micky d's after and that is a HUGE treat for my kids as they never get fast food. He did eat which is a relief since he didn't eat much of any thing all weekend. He's now dosed up on anbx and cough meds and motrin and happily playing his game but I suspect he'll be out in just a bit.
bought some lysol and bleach at the grocery store and am on my way to strip and wash sheets and blankets and have already sprayed the house down. Everyone is on heavey vit C right now so hopefully (praying hard here) none of the rest of us get this nasty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, J! I'm so glad to have finally found you! Good to hear Lance isn't too bad, I hope he feels better in a day or two from the meds. Take care!!
Hi there. LOL here I am. He's doing ok as long as we keep motrin in him every 6 hours. the second it wares off he spikes a high fever again. he took a nap today and it wore off and he woke up with a 104.4 fever. I was flippin out. poor little man. I'll dose him up tonight before I go to bed and then I'll likely set the clock to get up to give him more. these high fevers scare me to death.
Post a Comment