Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Christmas all year????

Well my brain has come up with a way to keep Xmas around all year. Well sort of. LOL I have decided to keep a small tree up year round on a small table in front of my front window. I hope to find a small white tree but if not I'll use one of my small green Xmas trees I use in the bedrooms. Instead of it being decorated for Xmas all year it will be decorated for each holiday or season of the year. I'm going to put white lights on it and hopefully find holiday covers for the them. For valentines day it will be decorated with all things valentines and on valentines day my kids will find there v-day treats and cards. St. Patrick's day it will be all things green and gold and Irish and the kids will find gold chocolate coins under the tree. Easter will be decorated as such and instead of the kids putting their basket on the table for the bunny to fill they will be set around the tree. After Easter it will be decorated with spring flowers until June when it will be a tribute to dad and the kids can put his father's day gifts under it. July will of course be all things patriotic and on the 4th the kids will find sparklers. Aug I'm unsure of but likely school related with something special the day they go back. Sept. will be fall. Oct spooky Halloween stuff with a treat that night. November will be all about giving thanks and I may have the kids put a little note under the tree about what they are thankful for and we'll read them on thanksgiving day. The of course back to Xmas. Oh and lets NOT forget Jan which I think is going to be all snowmen.

I think it will be a fun new family tradition that the kids can one day pass onto the next generation. I love decorating for the holidays and have vowed this year I will go all out for each one. Not sure how I'll do it but I would like to make an angel for the top of the tree for each holiday that is dressed for it. we'll see. and there will also be a holiday wreath on the door for each as well as a matching lighted garland on the fireplace mantel.

guess I better get started on all the decorations for valentines day since it's right around the corner huh?

3 comments:

sonflowergurl said...

That's awesome! I want to copy that idea....and have a fireplace mantle! hehe

Terry's Village (www.terrysvillage.com) had tons of stuff like that and even trees to decorate year-round. Check it out, the prices aren't bad at all.

J said...

Go for it. I thought you might like that idea. I also have several sights saved about the history and stories about St Valentine and St Patrick if you want them. and yep was at Terry's village yesterday. I think I found a white tree I like that is really cheap on after xmas clearance. if I don't get one from freecycle soon I'm going to get it. I REALLY want one of the new feather trees but figure it would be a night mare to keep clean.

Do you have a bar? you could always put a garland around the bar instead or above the entry door. or maybe instead of a garland you could just do a couple swags for over the doors.

Glad you liked the idea. I kinda thought you would. Oh and i found a great crafty site as well. I'll have to post the link. they have some great ideas like cut out blown eggs and these whild elegant beaded eggs. I'm going to give them a try for my Easter tree. they aren't any thing E could do but N my like them.

Amy said...

cute idea!! My mom has a year round tree. She doesn't do presents under it, but just decorates for the seasons. I love it :)