Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WOW! that was FAST

COuldn't believe when I got up this morning and checked the bank and found that not only our NC state AND the federal taxes hit the bank last night. can we say WOOOOO HOOOOOO. just got back form the grocery store from stocking this house TIGHT. can't fit another thing in. man did that feel AWESOME!!! also hit some thrift stores and got a few nice things for church and a STUNNING prom dress for Pip for $10 and it still has the new tag on it. it was $170 brand new. she is going to DIE when she gets home nad sees it. I just pray it fits. if it doesn't then maybe I'll ebay it. and I know she'll love it because it's almost identical to the pattern she picked to have me make for her. it's full length black satin with a pail pink bow at the empire waist. speg strapped and looks so classy and elegant. if it doesn't fit then I can always sell it and make a little $ off it.

all in all not to bad I think.

Started working on my family tree stuff again. can't believe how much scottish ancestores I have. Oh and found out last night I'm distantly related to Daniel Boone on my dad's mother's side of the family. hmmmmmmm well that explains alot. ROTFLMBO I told B last night for V-day I want my subscription to ancestry.com reupped. Got my grandma doing some family research for me and getting really interested in helping me work on this. that's pretty cool stuff. oh and she's gonna scan some REALLY old photos of some of the old timers for me to add into my program and scrap books. Bobby is terrified of me working on all this again because he knows how obsessed I get with it LOL. SO obsessed infact that I'm wanting to make some day trips here in NC and in TN, Ky, WV and Va. I have ALOT of ancestors from those states and all of them are close by. course unless gas prices drop a TON (not likely to happen any time soon) I won't be able to. I just love doing this stuff.

well tons and tons to do so back at the grind. just thought I'd share

2 comments:

AnnCee said...

Kewl when money magically turns up like that lol. Well done on the prom dress, if she doesn't want it you are bound to make a profit on ebay! When Chez and I get together and start talking ancestors, both our DH's roll their eyes so Im sure they sympathise with Bobby. Don't forget that I have a subscription with ancestry.co.uk you are more than welcome to use. Chez also uses it. Send me an email if you want to use it! Ann

J said...

Anne I don't have your email addy. I sent you a yahoo IM but my stupid lap top is not likeing yahoo IM right now so I don't dare open it back up. I might take you up on that offer. I have a bunch of info on ALOT of ancestors from eng, scotland, and france. I would like to take a peek and verify some stuff I have. I'm back to about 1025 and have found some royal blood but I'm not sure if the info I have is acurate or not. I have 3 spiral note books I have FILLED in the last couple of days and my time is super limited right now to work on it because of so many erands and appointments going. once I get soem time on the calendar free I'll be burning it up. I also have so much info that needs to go into my program. whew I'll be forever entering data. it's SUCH an opsession. got to one bit of info on a knight today that said he was beheaded at age 42. I was laughing my butt off. never got that kind of info before. LOL