Monday, January 7, 2008

*Sigh*

Well vacation is truly over now. Bobby went back to work last week but it was a short week because of the holiday. The kids had 2 snow days last week so their vacation was prolonged a bit. But alas I put them back on the bus this morning. :( Bobby is back to work :( And the house is empty again save me and the critters. I'm so torn about how I feel. I miss my weedie so much and it was SO nice to have him home so much over the holidays. While the kids can make me a little nuts and make it hard to get stuff done I really enjoyed them being home. for the most part they were really good the entire time with little fighting and little destruction to the home. I know now that the house is empty I'll get way more done but it sure does get lonely sometimes.

I managed to get my studio all whipped into shape this weekend. Both desks are neat and clean and there is a place for everything and everything in it's place. FINALLY! I even managed to get my pictures hung and my curtains up. it's very inspiring. I didn't know what I wanted to do 1st? Sew? or scrap? I've got a calendar set up with certain things laid out on certain days of the week and a HUGE list of projects/goals for 2008 that I am DETERMINED to get done. One of which is to work on Xmas gifts and projects through out this year so I am not trying to cram so much in from Oct-Dec. There is simply to many things that go on in those months now to leave all that stuff until then.

Last 2 rooms on the agenda are Pip' room and the den. normally I wouldn't fool with her room but she has gone from basically her own apartment in the last 2 homes we lived in to a tiny shoe box with no closet. and to say she doesn't know how to organize or keep things straight would be a GROSS understatement. once it's done I can promise you she WILL keep it straight under the threat of death. then den will prove a bit harder since I need shelving to hold all of Bobby's "stuff". sports stuff out the whazoo. sheesh.

all of that being said I think I shall go back to bed. of course I'm all off schedule now and got to bed much to late last night and the lack of sleep is going to kill me. Remember my aging rant? Yeah well another perk is fatigue. I swear the older I get the more 8 hours a night is necessary for daily survival. New years ever I was ready for bed at 9 pm. Bobby really had to beg to keep me up till midnight. I was in bed asleep by 12:15. He of course can still run on 5-6 hours and not miss a beat. I seem to recall another life ago where I could go for DAYS on no sleep or a few hours every couple of days. if I even attempted that now either my body would simply shut down or I would commit a capital crime. it's simply not pretty for mama to get no rest any more. If I hurry I can be back up by 9 am and still get in a full day. I can promise you I will be in bed earlier tonight.

No comments: