Saturday, January 5, 2008

Given it a whorl!

Well here we go! Not sure this is something I have the time or energy to keep up with or that I'm really all that interesting enough for any one to want to read about but at least it I can get it outta my head and off my chest which could be therapeutic and goodness knows I need all the therapy I can get.

for my 1st entry I shall blog about the woes of this aging thing and the shedding desperation.

Lets examine aging 1st shall we. Mother nature is a cruel witch with a ma cob since of humor. especially for us ladies. We slowly watch our bodies and our faces fall into the nether reaches. it seems after the age of 30 every morning there is a new wrinkle in the mirror to great you every morning and then comes the time where you notice that when you go to sleep your face goes to another dimension and upon waking has not quite made it back from this altered somewhere. almost but no cigar. you girls know what I'm talking about. one side of your face has distinct indentations in it left by what ever it happen to be laying on and the older you get the longer it takes for it's travel back to this reality. You can smack it to oblivion, put a hot wash clothe over it. talk to it and coax it all you want but rest assured it will come back only when it's good and ready. You Begin to see your mother in the mirror instead of the face you have always known and over course then there is the body. it's almost as if you go to sleep with the same body you have always known and wake up with one completely unrecognizable. everything is dragging the ground now. *sigh* To make matters worse you look at your husband and curse him because the man only gets more distinguished and yummy with age. his grey is in all the right places and he's more settled and calm and just all around ripening not rotting. he of course could go out and get him self a nice tight 20 year old if he wanted. we on the other hand are only going to get a 20 year old to bag our groceries and then ask us if we need help to our cars because we are so aged we couldn't possibly handle those heavy bags. oh and then if you are lucky enough to have a daughter you begin to watch her turn into what you once were while watching your self turn into you mother. cruel cruel cruel! but then you KNOW your old when said daughter starts telling you all the things you MUST leave her when you die. :0 heaven help me.

OK enough about that. now lets talk about the shedding desperation. it has been so cold here this week for a few moments I wondered whether I was still stuck in the frozen hell over VT and not in my sweet wonderful dixieland. The Luther boy most of the time loves to be out side in the sunshine and fresh air. but even the hairy beast wants in side out of the raging freezing winds and snow when it gets like this. while having a St. Bernard is on most days a wonderful blessing with his lovey temperament this time of year with all his hairiness it can be a real stressor. especially in a tiny house with a slightly OCD mommy. You know you are desperate when you brake out the vacuum and not for the carpet. After brushing and washing, then brushing again... again... again... again. and vacuuming 2-3 times a day, I'm vacuuming the floors and here lies the dog and the light bulb came on over my weary head... vacuum the DOG!!!!! I stood there vacuum in hand for a few minutes contemplating how this should be done. will he freak out and I'll have to sit on this 200 lb hair galute? it's worth the try. At 1st he was like ......"YOU LOST YOU MIND WOMAN" but before it was over he was laying there wagging his big hairy tail rolling around so I could get the vacuum hose over every inch of his over sized body moaning with delite. after about 15 minutes of vacuuming the canister was over flowing and I could nary see a loose hair. WHEW!!! So the daily ritual has been to vacuumed the dog 1st empty the canister then vacuum the floor. I'm just thinking I need to invent a brush attachment for my vacuum hose for the dog. Do they make such a thing? could be worth looking into. yes I think I shall.

2 comments:

Annie said...

J - I am so lovin' this!!! As far as the aging thing, I was buying prescription sun glasses the other day and I kept asking the girls for their advice. Yes, no, no, yes, no...then one pair in particular is a pair that I couldn't take off quick enough. I tried on this one pair and they said "Mom, you look just like Grandma!" My mom is never seen without sunglasses when she goes outside. OMG. I couldn't even try on any more. I'll tackle that another day.

This brought me a smile, THANK YOU!! After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, who can you possible laugh at?!

sonflowergurl said...

I'd love to vacuum Rocky, but it ain't happening!!! He's a big scaredy cat when it comes to someone pulling out the vacuum cleaner! LOL He'll run and hide under the feet of the nearest person who's NOT running the vacuum!

Glad you've got a blog, it seems everyone's on the blog wagon right now. :) Come over and check mine out....you'll love my dream house!

http://sonflowergirl731.blogspot.com