Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Under achieving class clown and the overachiving loud mouth

Younger kids confrences today. Mel you'll love this. Lance brought home 3 As and a C. The C was in reading. now that is more than just reading. it's reading and writing and a combo of other things. I was not happy to say the least. well his teacher tells me today that he's scoring so low because he's not reading the stories that he's tested on. he has to read a store then answere mulitpule choice questions. well dude is just going through and bubbling in his answeres on the noledge he already has. *insert rolling eyes* he is also not reading his books in silent stustained reading but filling out the paper work and doign the questions for it. so he's basically cutting out as many steps as he can. So we are as a team going to really crack down on him about all this. She told me he should never bring home any thing but straight As. she said he's REALLY smart. BUT he's also the class clown. he loves to make the other kids laugh and cut up and is right there when any other kid is cutting up. UGH. this boy is gonna give me a heck of a way to go.

Chey on the other hand..... is way ahead in her reading (even with having sever sight issues) and is even further ahead in math. her writing is wonderfull BUT her teacher said the only area she is lacking in is "planning" meaning she doesn't like to waist time doing 1st drafts. LOL I had to laugh because I was ALWAYS the same way. but her teacher had nothing but glowing words about her academics and her heart. only negative thing she said was that the last couple of weeks Chey's voice has gotten really loud so when she talks you can hear her above everyone. LOL. hmmm she gets that from me too and we have knoticed this alot at home recently. so we have to find a way to lower her volume. I'm so glad that so far Chey is giving me one once of problems. After everythign the other 3 put me through I need at least ONE easy child LOL Oh and her teacher floored when I told her baout Chey's eyes. she said she has showed NO sings of any kind of problem in class. she just couldn't believe they are as bad as they are. and she is the 5th child that has gotten glasses in her class. now ALL the kids want glasses LOL. my how times have changed. I'm glad though.

Then after the confrences I had to fly to Pip's school to pick her up from "upward bond" it's a "pre-collage" program. she goes every wend after school and gets tutoring and the help her track down scholarship and financial aid for school. and the tour collages during the summer. then during hte summer she goes for a 6 week program where she takes college courses that give her credits. she does this for 2 years and can go into college as a sophamore instead of a freshmen. only way she got into it is because niether B or me went to college. I'm so thrilled for her. this is a grea opurtunity. Oh and she lives on campus durign the summer. how cool is that?

Well I am 1 tired mommy after another's day run. so off to bed for me

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have that volume thing too. It has taken me YEARS to get a smidge of volume control and Justin has the same problem. It is one of the things I hate most about myslef, and I hate it even more than I passed it onto my son!!

Unknown said...

Hey J....just in case..does she listen when u talk to her or has ur tv volume gone up too:DS had this when little and he had a wax build up in his ears...just something to check!
Awesome news about Chey though...OH and as for Lance, usually clowning covers a problem...reading is like learning to ride a bike in a straight line, comprehension is like learning to turn the corner....he may be able to read but not comprehend...try reading a passage with him at home...then verbally ask him questions and see how he goes....if he cant remember the story....this will more than likely be his issue.....email me and I will help then..
OH and yeah pip!!!!
xxluv ya chez