Monday, January 7, 2008

the things that excite us with age

Yep still fussin about getting older. well not so much fussin I guess. Beats the alternative right? LOL I was so excited that the company decided to start a flex account this year. So we put a good chunk on there because me and at least 2 of the kids need glasses and Bobby and I need a TON of dental work. I just made Appointments for me and Chey for Friday morning with the optometrist. It's been 8 years. Yes you read that right 8 years since my last visit. My eyes have gotten so bad that with contacts in I still need magnifying glasses to read smaller print. And then right before the company Xmas party I go to put in my contacts and low and behold one of them was not in the case. Things that make you go *hmmmmmm* some how that contact managed to get off the lid to the case, jump out and put the lid back on, then just disappear all by it's lonesome self. So here I am at the company Xmas party having ask my husband what each dish is at the buffet and have him take the asparagus out of the mixed veggies for me because I can't see the difference between them and the green beans. I'd love to tell you how nicely everyone was dressed but sadly they all looked the same. was a nice time though it could have been better had not everything just been one run on blurr. And yes I am so vain that wearing my glasses was simply NOT an option.

So here I sit terribly excited over the fact that I am going to have a cool, fresh, hip pair of specks in just about 10 days time. I shall actually be able to see again and have a new pair of contacts so I don't have to look like Adrian everywhere I go. now if they could just come up with lasix for those of us far sited I might just be set for life LOL

I know Chey needs glasses. her health screening didn't go well. They are saying she is almost legally blind in her left eye. I'm not sure it's quite THAT bad but I guess we'll see. I was floored because she has NEVER complained about her eyes and is the best reader in the house. But she has the same exact problem I do. Same eye and all. The left eye is MUCH worse than the right. :( Bobby is just about distraught over his pretty little girl needing glasses especially on a full time basis. I certainly don't want that either but it isn't the end of the world. I've worn them since I was in K and likely should have had them since I was 2. Not to mention these days they have some really cute glasses. Not like those big ugly things I had to wear that about covered my entire face. AND Chey is so pretty it won't matter. Not like it did with me. Picture if you will an afro, buck teeth 3 sizes to big for my mouth and big, huge specks that came over my eye brows and down past my cheek bones. My 3rd grade school picture my mother keeps just for pest control. Chey on the other hand will look like this cute little smarty pants she is.

Pip also needs glasses and I'm just unsure about Lance. His screening came back 20/25 and once in a while he complains about his eyes hurting or the letters moving like little bugs but not very often. I think it's more a tired thing but I'm having him checked any ways. fingers crossed at least ONE of my kids inherited their fathers super good eyes.

Now to just call and schedule me and Bobby for our dental work and the kids cleanings. Then move onto everyones yearly physical (which we didn't get done last year) I expect the next 2 months will be nothing short of caos from doctor, dental and eye exams. let the fun begin. I just thank God for the flex acount to be able to get all this done with out the pain to our already thin wallet.

No comments: