If I have to tell Chey to put her glasses on 1 more time I just might break out the duck tape and tape them to the child's head!!!!! it's making me nuts. I think she's taking them off because they are just too loose. when I went to pick up mine and Lance's glasses yesterday I looked at some smaller different frames for her. they had a pair that was not too expensive that I think I might order for her next week and just keep these as spares or for as she grows. maybe then she'll keep them on. I have no doubt at all that she is going to have to be patched at this rate. :( that is not going to be a pleasant battle in the least. I have talk to her teacher, bus driver, and Sunday school teachers at church to let them know it is absolutely imperative she wear them ALL the time. now if I could just get Bobby to stay on her about them I might have a chance.
Lance on the other hand doesn't have to wear his all the time but has barely taken them off since he got them yesterday afternoon. he loves them and I have to say he is one handsome little dude with his new specks. I need to try to get some pictures of them to post soon. they are too cute.
Love my new specks. I can see and they are so comfy. have been wearing my contacts more and more and might not even wear the specks much any more but we'll see.
fun and games all the time around here LOL
I'm so glad this month is almost over. it has been SUCH a cold month with a couple of days I actually was wondering if I am actually in NC or VT. sub-zero tempts and wind chills OY. I have been constantly frozen this month. but I know once we hit Feb we're close to spring. great thing about living here is even when it's ridged like this i know spring is soon to present her self. Even got a nursery flier in the mail yesterday for spring planting of the garden. that gave me such a little thrill. I plan to have a full acre garden this year. next week I'll be headed for the library for some NC veggie garden books and plotting out my planting map. Lord willing I will not have to buy any produce all summer and will have enough veggies in the freezer, root cellar and canned to get us through the winter. Can you tell how excited I am at the prospect of having my hands in the dirt and having fresh veggies to eat? oh and then there is the feel of the sun on my back. ahhh yes I can almost feel spring if I close my eyes.
this has also been a hard couple of month financially this month being the worst of all. but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter. taxes are on there way and we got a ROCKIN return as well as profit sharing in Feb. Bills will be paid, things we need will be bought and for a change there will be $ in savings. ahhh what a feeling it will be.
and amazingly enough I have not been stressed out of my mind all this time. I have actually taken it all in stride and been patient for what I knew would come. The Lord is definitely working in my life. no doubt. we are so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I first got glasses in Grade 4. My mum came to do reading groups and of course I didnt have them on lol She told my teacher (in front of the class too) that if he saw me without them he had her permission to give me the cane!! Needless to say I never forgot them. This was back in the mid 70's. Ann xx
Hey J
You should ask the optometrist if they can make the frames fit better...they bend them but safely, we had to have them to it to Tom's when he first got them.
Alternatively, bribe works...have a sticker chart and reward her for every morning/afternoon/evening she wears them if she does it consistently treat her...eg half hour extra of an activity she enjoys!
Missing Ya
Chez
There you are!!!! :) I didn't know you had a blog, oh I've missed you my friend!!!
I'm with you on wishing the kids had healthy genes, so far we have 5 kids in glasses...and it's yet to be seen if Alex will end up needing them as well.
Jess is our one for constantly having her glasses off. We've had to have them re-sized several times because she bends them, twists them, steps on them, sits on them...oyyyyyy! How they haven't broken I'll never know.
Glad to hear the weather is warming up for you a bit... hopefully it won't be too long before you're all comfy & warm again!
Post a Comment